On December 13, 2002, DENSO Corporation announced the outcome of the repurchase of its own shares in conformity with the Provisions of Article 210 of the Commercial Code.
- Period of repurchase: From to December 5, 2002 to December 13, 2002
- Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 2,136,000 shares
- Aggregate purchase amount: 4,233 million yen
- Method of repurchase: Repurchase at Tokyo Stock Exchange
- Decision of the repurchase of its own shares at the 79th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders held on June 27, 2002.
Type of shares: Common stock of the Company
Aggregate number of shares to be repurchased: Up to 40 million shares
Aggregate purchase amount: Up to 100 billion yen
- Cumulative total of shares repurchased until December 13, 2002 from the 79th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders
Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 23,300,000 shares
Aggregate purchase amount: 45,897 million yen
DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global supplier of advanced technology, systems and components. Worldwide, the company employs 87,000 people in 31 countries and regions. Consolidated global sales for the year ended March 31, 2002 totaled 2,401.1 billion yen (US$18.1 billion). DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya stock exchanges in Japan.
Note: The figures ended for the year March 31, 2002 include the effect of an irregular 15-month reporting period, due to 45 overseas subsidiaries and overseas affiliates deciding to change their year end to March 31 from December 31.