DENSO to Consolidate DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu and Hiroshima Plant
KARIYA (Japan) –DENSO Corporation today announced that its Hiroshima Plant located in Hiroshima prefecture, Japan will be consolidated into DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu Co., Ltd., DENSO’s subsidiary in Fukuoka prefecture, Japan, in April 2008.
The product lineup for DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu includes air conditioning units, engine cooling modules, and injector components for diesel common rail systems, and the Hiroshima Plant includes radiators, air conditioning units, engine cooling modules and integrated air fuel modules. A portion of DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu’s production of air conditioning units will be transferred to the Hiroshima Plant.
“This consolidation is a response to increasing vehicle manufacturing in western Japan and will strengthen our competitiveness by enhancing mobility and flexibility,” said Hikaru Sugi, managing officer in charge of DENSO’s Thermal System Business Group.
DENSO Corporation, headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global supplier of advanced technology, systems and components. Worldwide, the company employs approximately 112,000 people in 32 countries and regions, including Japan. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2007 totaled US$30.6 billion. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya stock exchanges in Japan. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com or visit our media website at www.densomediacenter.com.
Profile of DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu
- Name: DENSO Manufacturing Kitakyushu Co., Ltd.
- Establishment: April 2006 (separated from DENSO Corporation)
- Location: 5-4-1, Honjo, Nishi-ku, Yahata, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka prefecture, Japan
- Capital: 6.01 billion yen (approximately US$52 million as of March 2007)
- Ownership: 100 percent by DENSO Corporation
- President: Masayoshi Yagyu
- Business Description: Production of air conditioning units, engine cooling modules, injector components for diesel common rail systems, and others
- Employees: Approximately 720 (as of August 2007)
- Sales: Approximately 32 billion yen (approximately US$276 million for fiscal 2006)
- Site area: 156,400 square meters
- Building Floor Area: 40,000 square meters
Profile of Hiroshima Plant
- Location: 2-5-1, Kamiseno-minami, Aki-ku, Hiroshima prefecture, Japan
- Products: Radiators, air conditioning units, engine cooling modules, integrated air fuel modules, and others
- Employees: Approximately 220 (as of August 2007)
- Sales: Approximately 11.5 billion yen (approximately US$99 million)
- Site Area: 33,000 square meters
- Building Floor Area: 11,900 square meters
*Exchange rates used are 116.07 yen per one dollar, at the end of August 2007 for convenience only. Billion is used in the American sense of one thousand million.